Saturday, October 17, 2009

Similarities between now and past epochs

When I think of the crisis we are going through these days, the past times when Britain was involved in World Wars I and II and the debts she incurred in come also to my memory. One of the outcomes of these wars was the foundation of the State of Israel, which was demanded of Britain by Baron Rothschild as a proof of gratefulness for the loans his House made to the British Government.

Not only Britain but almost all the countries of the world are now incurring in debts in a desperate effort to climb out of the pit of the crisis, which - every aspect of it so attests to -, the private banking system has submerged us into, and I am thinking which compensation will that very same banking system demand of our countries. I see around me symptoms that this may become a reality. One of the them is the efforts the Spanish PM is making for when he becomes President of the EU to set up once and for ever the State of Palestine.

It intrigues me that this is so and I wonder what more concessions will be made to the State of Israel that will stop the situation of permanent conflict in the Zone. How the Palestinians will be subdued to the more powerful neighbour state in exchange for the cease of persecutions and other excruciating pains the Israelis are inflicting on the Palestinians. Israel has not been able to do away with the resident Palestinians, much that it has done to the effect, so it seems the only solution that will be sought is to create what I may call a satellite state vassal to the Great Israel.

I am afraid the Great Israel is already on its way to be constituted, this time without any more inconveniences to the Israelis.

Experience teaches.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Jose, experience teaches. Let's hope that for once wins the common sense and justice sense towards palestitian people and their rights are honoured, although It seems almost impossible under the present circumstances... It's a good question the one you make: << It intrigues me that this is so and I wonder what more concessions will be made to the State of Israel that will stop the situation of permanent conflict in the Zone >>
    Hugs. Victor.

    ReplyDelete